The work of the regional coordination is realized by three volunteers, working together. You will create own workshops and presentation for schools throughout Germany. What is the Balkan? What is happening in Syria? And why is it so important to help there? You will explain the Idea of the Social Day to students and motivate them to get active.
Beside that you will support us promoting SHL and its work. On fairs and student conferences you will be the face of SHL. You can get in touch with interested youth and inform them on information desks about the organization, our projects and volunteering opportunities at SHL.
Beside visiting schools and fairs you are responsible for the topic related seminars of SHL and create own sessions, in order to explain our topics to the target group. In the team you support each other. You will often travelling by car – that’s why driver license type B is very important.
The tasks (among other things):
- Responsibility for the Social Day-Mobile
- Several day school tours throughout Germany
- Planning, preparation and realization of workshop and school presentations
- Planning and realization of our seminars
- Taking care about our regional activist groups
You should have:
- Broad interest in projects and project region of SHL
- Skills in communication and presenting
- Curiosity and empathy
- Independence and endurance
- Teamwork and compromise readiness
- Self-confidence and sence of responsibility
- Sensitiveness and tolerance
- Interest in work with youth
- Basical technical skills (for example about computers and cars)
- Driver license of type B (until start of the voluntaryr service)
- Flexibility (seminars often take place during weekends)