The youth organisation Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) is looking for a
freelance coordinator of the Act.ival for Future 2020.
The coordinator is supposed to plan, implement, and evaluate the Act.ival for Future 2020 in Lübeck, Germany. The job is designed for a freelancer on a fee basis. The Act.ival is organised in close collaboration with “SAME – Solidarity Action Day Movement in Europe”.
SAME is a European umbrella organisation that brings together several youth organisations carrying out an annual Solidarity Action Day. On this day, pupils get the chance to exercise a job of their choice instead of going to school. They donate their salaries to youth-related projects from all over the world. The message of the Solidarity Action Day is simple: you(th) can make change happen!
SHL is the biggest relief organisation led by young people in Germany and one of the founding members of SAME. SHL supports youth and education projects in South-Eastern Europe, Jordan and Germany in the areas of anti-discrimination, youth activism and support for refugees. Once a year, Schüler Helfen Leben organises the Solidarity Action Day in Germany.
The Act.ival is a large international youth encounter bringing together about 120 young people from all over Europe. In times of Euroscepticism and increasing nationalism the Act.ival aims to foster intercultural exchange and social cohesion in Europe. The event encourages young people to make their voices heard and to become a driver of societal change. Next year’s Act.ival will focus on the topic of youth activism. The event will take place in Lübeck, Germany, from 2nd to 6th April 2020.
The tasks include:
– conceptualizing and organising the programme (overall programme, educational and leisure activities, a high-publicity event during the Act.ival, inter alia) in line with the overall topic of youth activism
– logistical planning (board and lodging, event locations, supervision of participants, airport transfer and local transport, registration and info desk, material and equipment, inter alia)
– possibly fundraising in collaboration with the office
– event promotion: conceptualizing, creating and distributing the call for participation
– coordinating the application and selection process
– recruiting and coordinating an international crew of volunteers from SAME and SHL, including the planning and implementation of a preparatory crew meeting
– preparing and distributing information packages and mailings for participants, crew and trainers
– responsibility for the implementation of the programme and all logistics during and after the event
page 2 / 2
– close coordination and communication with Lübeck office
– organising and coordinating the collaboration with a photographer as well as the creation of a promotion movie during the event
– involvement and coordination of external partners, supporters, trainers & volunteers
– evaluating the event with participants, crew and office and writing a final documentation and evaluation report
You should have
– motivation to work in an NGO and in a dynamic and international context with young professionals as well as volunteers
– experience in conceptualizing, organising and implementing educational events, especially for young people
– high interest and knowledge in the work of SHL and SAME
– ability to communicate and work in a team
– self-reliant and structured working style and efficient time management
– good command of English
– German language skills are useful
– willingness to travel to Lübeck on a regular basis
– methodological expertise and pedagogical experiences/education are an advantage
– experience with SHL and/or SAME are desirable
– an intriguing, dynamic and international working context
– a motivated and engaged team of young people
– personal responsibility and creative freedom
– usage of office space in Lübeck and/or Berlin
The short application should contain a CV, an application letter and a salary expectation. Please, send everything in one PDF document to email@example.com. Application deadline is 25 November 2019. Applications for the job as a group of two individuals are also welcome. Detailed information on Schüler Helfen Leben and SAME can be found on www.schueler-helfen-leben.de and www.same-network.org. In case of questions, you can contact Niklas Kaapke (firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +49 451 317060-41).