The youth organisations Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) and SAME are looking for trainers to conduct a two-days online seminar for youth trainers. The call is addressed to people whose passion it is to develop and facilitate trainings and who want to share their knowledge and experiences with young people. The task involves developing the program, facilitating, documenting and evaluating the seminar.
• From topics to content: how to design and facilitate trainings
• Training logistics and learning environments
• Review and selection of trainings methods
• Group dynamics in trainings
• Visualization and presentation skills
• Icebreakers, warm-ups and energizers
• Training in an intercultural context
• How to evaluate trainings
Date & outline
• June 5-6, 2021 (online)
• Participants aged 16-23 from all over Europe
• Language: English
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic digital facilitators to plan and implement the seminar. This job can be done by individuals or a team of two trainers. You should be confident to host group discussions in English, while being sensitive to a target group of young people who are not native speakers.
About SHL & SAME
SAME is a European umbrella organisation that brings together several youth organisations carrying out an annual Solidarity Action Day. On this day, pupils get the chance to exercise a job of their choice instead of going to school. They donate their salaries to youth-related projects from all over the world. SHL is the biggest relief organisation led by young people in Germany and one of the founding members of SAME.
Apply until May 3, 2021
The application should contain a CV and a short motivation letter including a salary expectation. Please, send everything in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application, please answer the following questions:
• What is your motivation for facilitation digital youth trainings? What is your experience in the field?
• How would you implement a train-the-trainer online seminar? What kind of topics and methods would you include?
Detailed information on Schüler Helfen Leben and SAME can be found on www.schueler-helfen-leben.de and www.same-network.org.
In case of questions, you can contact Andrea Kaczmarek (email@example.com).