The youth organisation Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) is looking for two
coordinators for the Summer Academy ‘Solidarity Beyond Borders’
The coordinators are supposed to plan, implement and evaluate a Summer Academy on solidarity & social cohesion in Europe, which is organised by Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) in cooperation with Asocijacija srednjoškolaca u Bosni i Hercegovini (ASuBiH) and the organisations’ European umbrella organisation SAME (Solidarity Action Day Movement in Europe). The job is designed for two freelancers on a fee basis.
SHL is the biggest relief organisation led by young people in Germany and supports youth and education projects in Southeastern Europe, Jordan and Germany in the areas of anti-discrimination, youth activism and support for refugees. Once a year, SHL organises the Solidarity Action Day in Germany. On this day, pupils get the chance to exercise a job of their choice instead of going to school. They donate their salaries of that day to youth-related projects. The message of the Solidarity Action Day is simple: you(th) can make change happen!
The Summer Academy is a European youth encounter bringing together young people who are active within organisations of the SAME network and are involved in a Solidarity Action Day. The event encourages young people to make their voices heard and to become a driver of societal change by providing multiple perspectives on solidarity. As a final product, they create an exhibition together, indicating that social cohesion is more powerful than discrimination and hate.
The event will take place in hybrid form from 24.07.-30.07.2021. One group will meet in Bad Malente and Lübeck (Germany) and the other group in Sarajevo (Bosnia-Hercegovina. Both groups will connect digitally for a few parts of the programme. Therefore, we are looking for two coordinators (one per country) who will be collaborating closely.
The tasks include:
- conceptualizing and organising the programme (overall program, trainers, educational and leisure activities)
- conceptualizing and organising of an exhibition to present the results of the Academy
- coordinating an international crew of volunteers, including the planning and implementation of a preparatory crew meeting
- responsibility for the implementation of the program and all logistics during and after the event
- preparing and distributing information packages and mailings for participants in cooperation with SHL Lübeck office
- administrative matters in cooperation with SHL Lübeck office (e.g. management of travel cost expenditures)
- holding the responsibility for youth protection and supervision of participants during the event, especially minors
- close coordination and communication between the two coordinators and with SHL Lübeck office
- involvement and coordination of external partners, supporters, trainers
- evaluating the event with participants, crew and SHL Lübeck office and writing a final documentation and evaluation report
You should have
- motivation and joy to work in an NGO and in a dynamic, international context with, professional and voluntary people
- experience in conceptualizing, organising and implementing interactive educational events for young people (online and on-site)
- ability to communicate and work in a young team
- self-reliant and structured working style and efficient time and project management skills
- good English and either German or Bosnian language skills
- pedagogical experiences are an advantage
- experience with SHL and/or SAME are desirable
- an intriguing, dynamic and international working context
- a motivated and engaged team of young people
- personal responsibility and creative freedom
- flexible working hours
- fair remuneration
The short application should contain a CV and an application letter (including a salary expectation). Please, send everything in one PDF document to email@example.com. Application Deadline is May 2, 2021. Detailed information on Schüler Helfen Leben, SAME and AsuBiH can be found on www.schueler-helfen-leben.de, www.same-network.org, www.asubih.ba.
In case of questions, you can contact Andrea Kaczmarek (firstname.lastname@example.org).