The youth organisations Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) and SAME are looking for an Event Coordinator of the Act.ival for Future 2022. The coordinator is supposed to plan, implement and evaluate the Act.ival for Future 2022. The job is designed for a freelancer on a fee basis. The preparation of the event can be done from home.
The Act.ival is an international youth encounter bringing together about 200 young people from all over Europe. In times of euroscepticism and increasing nationalism the Act.ival aims to foster intercultural exchange and social cohesion in Europe. The event encourages young people to make their voices heard and to become a driver of societal change. The event will take place from April 7-11, in Lübeck, Germany.
SAME is a European umbrella organisation that brings together several youth organisations carrying out an annual Solidarity Action Day. On this day, pupils get the chance to exercise a job of their choice instead of going to school. They donate their salaries to youth-related projects from all over the world. The message of the Solidarity Action Day is simple: you(th) can make change happen! SHL is the biggest relief organisation led by young people in Germany and one of the founding members of SAME. SHL supports youth and education projects in South-eastern Europe, Jordan and Germany in the areas of anti-discrimination, youth activism and support for refugees.
The tasks include:
- conceptualizing and organising the programme (overall programme, educational and leisure activities, concerts etc.) in close collaboration with SHL and SAME board
- coordinating an international crew of volunteers from SAME and SHL, including the planning and implementation of preparatory crew meetings
- responsibility for the implementation of the program and all logistics during and after the event
- preparing information packages and mailings for participants, crew, trainers and other partners
- responsibility for the implementation of the programme and all logistics during and after the event
- involvement and coordination of external partners, supporters, trainers & volunteers
- evaluating the event with participants, crew and office and writing a final documentation and evaluation report
You should have
- motivation and joy to work in an NGO and in a dynamic and international context with young, professional and voluntary people
- experience in conceptualizing, organising and implementing educational events, especially for young people
- ability to communicate and work in a diverse and young team
- self-reliant and structured working style
- efficient time and project management skills
- good English skills
- pedagogical experiences/education are an advantage
- an intriguing, dynamic and international working context
- a motivated and engaged team of young people
- personal responsibility and creative freedom
- flexible working hours
- possibility to work from home
- a working place in the office in Lübeck if needed
The short application (in English) should contain a CV, an application letter in which you describe first ideas about the outline of the event and your salary expectation.
Please, send everything in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline is August 8, 2021.
Detailed information on Schüler Helfen Leben and SAME via www.schueler-helfen-leben.de and www.same-network.org. In case of questions, you can contact Andrea Kaczmarek email@example.com).