The youth organisations Schüler Helfen Leben (SHL) and SAME are looking for an Event Coordinator for the Act.ival for Future 2022. The coordinator is supposed to plan, implement and evaluate the Act.ival for Future 2022. The job is designed for a freelancer on a fee basis. The job is supposed to start with the creation of the concept in October 2021. The work can be done from remote, however it is required that the coordinator can travel to Lübeck, Germany for preparational meetings and will be present during the whole event.
The Act.ival is an international youth encounter bringing together about 200 young people from all over Europe. In times of Euroscepticism and increasing nationalism the Act.ival aims to foster intercultural exchange and social cohesion in Europe. The event encourages young people to make their voices heard and to become a driver of societal change. The event will take place from April 7-11, in Lübeck. If international events should not be possible due to the current Corona pandemic, it could also take place as an online or hybrid event.
SAME is a European umbrella organisation that brings together several youth organisations carrying out an annual Solidarity Action Day. On this day, pupils get the chance to exercise a job of their choice instead of going to school. They donate their salaries to youth-related projects from all over the world. The message of the Solidarity Action Day is simple: you(th) can make change happen! SHL is the biggest relief organisation led by young people in Germany and one of the founding members of SAME. SHL supports youth and education projects in South-eastern Europe, Jordan and Germany in the areas of anti-discrimination, youth activism and support for refugees.
The tasks include:
- conceptualizing and organising the programme (overall programme, educational and leisure activities, concerts etc.) in close collaboration with SHL and SAME board
- coordinating an international crew of volunteers from SAME and SHL, including the planning and implementation of preparatory crew meetings. One crew meeting will take place from March 10-13
- responsibility for the implementation of the program and all logistics during and after the event
- preparing information packages and mailings for participants, crew, trainers and other partners
- responsibility for the implementation of the programme and all logistics during and after the event
- involvement and coordination of external partners, supporters, trainers & volunteers
- close coordination and communication with our Lübeck office
- evaluating the event with participants, crew and office and writing a short evaluation report for the office and the project partner
- writing an in-depth final documentation
You should have:
- motivation and joy to work in an NGO and in a dynamic and international context with young, professional and voluntary people
- experience in conceptualizing, organising and implementing educational events for young people
- ability to communicate and work in a diverse and young team
- self-reliant and structured working style
- efficient time and project management skills
- good English and German skills
- valid driving licence to drive cars in the European Union
- pedagogical experiences/education are an advantage
- willingness to travel to Lübeck
- an intriguing, dynamic and international working context
- a motivated and engaged team of young people
- personal responsibility and creative freedom
- flexible working hours
The application process will be in two steps. First, we kindly ask you to send your CV and a concept proposal for the event (in English). The proposal should contain your ideas for the general outline and programme of the event, the main topics the Act.ival for Future should be about and your suggestions for speakers and/or workshop trainers (1-2 pages). Secondly, we will invite suitable applicants for an online interview at the end of September.
Please, send your application in one PDF document together with your salary expectation to email@example.com. Application Deadline is September 20, 2021.